Super typhoon Yolanda ( Haiyan in the international community) devastated Philippines last Friday, November 9 affecting around 4.38 million people in 270 cities and towns (mostly in the central part of the country) according to the Department of Social Welfare and Development.
Around 10,000 people are believed to be killed in Tacloban City alone, one of the cities that were hit hard by the super typhoon. Bodies lie everywhere — in the streets, in their houses, near the shore, under the debris of toppled buildings and downed electricity post. “The devastation is … I don’t have words for it, it is really horrific,” the country’s interior minister Mar Roxas said in Tacloban, as reported by NBC News.
Following the said catastrophe, Google launched an online application where people can either search for their loved ones or give information about someone missing due to Yolanda. Below is the step by step procedure:
That’s pretty much how you can help find or look for your missing loved ones over the internet. The application is also available in mobile. See the details below.
With Filipinos’ highly-spirited nature and resistance and with the help of the internet and technology, we will come out as champions in the end, harboring the lessons we have learned no matter how hard they may be. Stay strong, Filipinos, and kudos to all!
- How Facebook’s Premium Video Ads Will Benefit Businesses - April 10, 2014
- Google launches Person Finder for Typhoon Yolanda aftermath - November 11, 2013
- A Small Business Guide to Email Marketing - October 3, 2013
- Setting up your First Facebook Ad: A guide for Small Businesses - September 12, 2013
- Empowering Change Through Social Media - August 27, 2013
- Basic Checklist for a Keyword-Optimized Business Website - July 31, 2013
- The Advantages of SEO Keyword Search for SMEs - July 24, 2013
- Business Growth 101: Understanding Organic Search Rankings in Mobile Devices - July 10, 2013
- Buhay Party-List tops 2013 Philippine elections with the help of DigitalMoz Sourcing Inc. - May 29, 2013
- The Impact of Online Reputation Management for Businesses in 2013 - February 1, 2013