Today, when programmatic buying rise up to conversation between agencies and advertisers, it will not lead to the basic questions of “what” or “why”, instead, they will dig deeper into the “when” and “how” it should be done. Based on those who braved it earlier in the game, the results brands can get from programmatic are indeed enticing yet not easy – well, who said it was easy?
Brands should realize that programmatic buying is a complex process that if not well thought of, even seasoned advertisers, will fail. If you are still eager to jump in, equip yourself with these and consider yourself on the right stepping stones:
Can you truly give your brand unique points and competitive advantage if you opt for the go-to technology also used by your competitors? Thinking through will not be discrediting these platforms but to help you ponder on the other, probably for better options. There are tons of programmatic buying platforms out there for you to explore. Just keep in mind to always choose “programmable” platform – one that is comprehensible enough to customize and optimize data towards the right marketing objectives.
Being unable to understand and analyze disparate data sets to build action plans based on it can make or break any programmatic buyers’ efforts. Keep in mind that even the best programmable platform will be a total waste without data-driven people comprising your programmatic buying team.
Tools for KPIs
Unlike other strategies, the indicators of programmatic buying win or lose will be the Key Performance Indicators, point-blank. In addition to setting KPIs as SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time-bound) as possible, tools in measuring it once the campaigns are running will be essential. Every experienced programmatic buying agency invest in state-of-the-art technology to gather, evaluate, and activate data, while using the insights obtained on campaign periods to continuously improve the buying strategies they are implementing.
Who said programmatic buying is easy? No one did. But being able to have a spot on strategy, appropriate technology, and data-driven team to support your drive to conquer it will help you make the huge leap on the industry’s ever-changing game.
- Programmatic Buying: Who Said It Was Easy? - September 28, 2016
- How to Spot a Performance Marketing Agency That Will Truly Perform - September 19, 2016
- What to Do With 45 More Characters in AdWords Text Ads - August 26, 2016
- Tricky Parts in Generating Leads with Performance Marketing - August 22, 2016
- Cross-Device Ad Targeting: Improving Brand Presence in the Online Customer Journey - August 1, 2016
- Organic Insights Worth Integrating to Your Paid Ads Efforts - July 29, 2016
- Social Media Platforms Are Being More Than Social - July 22, 2016
- Digital Revolution: Performance Marketing On the Rise - July 15, 2016
- Start Doing Some Email Marketing – Social Media Combo Now - January 25, 2016
- Website Traffic: The Traffic You Don’t Want to Stop - December 29, 2015