Mobile Marketing is not a new form of internet marketing. For years, it has been on news websites and other online shopping landscape. But whether you have an ecommerce website or just a plain entrepreneur who owns a website, it is important for you to understand why you need a mobile-friendly web page.
An average internet user does not only use desktops or laptops in surfing the internet. After a long day at work, people use their smartphone to browse the web to update their social media accounts and check their email to name a few.
80% of the world population owns a mobile phone. In the US, 91.4 million smartphones are being used. Statistics also show that 89% of smartphone users use their phone throughout the day.
According to Econsultancy, mobile shopping behaviors are increasing rapidly. 1 in every 5 apparel consumers is using mobile device for shopping on a daily basis. There is also $6.7 billion sales in 2012 on US mobile commerce and expected to increase to $31 billion in 2015.
In addition, mobile devices claim website traffic of 3 to 5% in e-commerce sites. iPhone and Android devices spend $97 in average smartphone purchase.
What you need to do
Let’s say you own a restaurant and I’m in a hurry looking for a place to eat using my smartphone. With you appearing on the local search result or being present in one of my Apps, I can easily call you for a reservation or a delivery. I don’t need to spend a lot of time trying to turn pages in your menu.
At the same time, having a mobile version of your website will help customers who are going to the internet using their mobile device search for information and product comparison with ease. There is no need for the customer to zoom in and out just to read the texts on your website. The mobile version will let them experience personalize interface which easily fits to their handsets.
As they say, being more personal with your customers increases brand identity. So this time, you can brag your real-life ‘Likes’ than ones you have on your Facebook.
- What Happens in Internet in 1 Minute and What it Means to Your Business - May 8, 2014
- Google Plus Ads Now Available For Businesses - April 30, 2014
- Top 5 Fears of Businesses About Digital Marketing - April 23, 2014
- Things That You Should Not Expect From Your SEO Specialist - April 15, 2014
- The importance of audience-based SEO in targeting keywords and creating content - February 22, 2014
- Why SEO in the Philippines is the hottest career in 2014 and beyond - December 18, 2013
- Why Schools in the Philippines Do Not Teach SEO - November 18, 2013
- How to find an SEO Expert for your Small Business - September 20, 2013
- 5 Signs that Your Business Needs SEO - August 9, 2013
- Social Falling Star: Things that turns off your customers online - July 23, 2013