How it works
While this tool helps you remove low-quality links, not all website owners are advised to use Disavow. If your site is doing fine and has not done any off site link submission such as paid links, blog spam, comment spam, poor quality article with your anchor text, then you should not bother using this tool.
However, if you or if you had someone done such types of spammy and poor link building strategies in the past, then this is a great chance to clean up the links that you can no longer remove yourself.
Choosing the bad links
When you receive a message from the big G regarding unnatural links, it will suggest some links that looks spammy. These are examples of links that you might want to report to Google.
As you upload list of text file to your Webmaster Tools, Google will analyze the links that you submitted and recrawl the pages and reprocess the links that you want to get ignored by Google. And with this, it may take a couple of weeks to finish the whole process.
It’s advisable to collect the bad links and assess them before giving it to Google. Cutts reiterates that one should be sure that the links must be reviewed carefully since ‘undisavowing’ it may take more time or it may not be treated the same way.
Remember that Disavow is a tool and not the whole solution to help you all throughout your link building.
- How to Find the Perfect Digital Agency for Your Brand - July 16, 2015
- How to Make Your Website Readable? - July 22, 2014
- Visual Content Marketing: Your Business Eye Candy - June 26, 2014
- What Happens in Internet in 1 Minute and What it Means to Your Business - May 8, 2014
- 6 Signs Your Website Needs a Make-over - May 5, 2014
- Google Plus Ads Now Available For Businesses - April 30, 2014
- Top 5 Fears of Businesses About Digital Marketing - April 23, 2014
- Things That You Should Not Expect From Your SEO Specialist - April 15, 2014
- The importance of audience-based SEO in targeting keywords and creating content - February 22, 2014
- SEO & Online Marketing: What to Expect in 2014 - January 9, 2014