As the competition of every brand becomes stiffer in the digital space, more and more businesses are realizing the importance of having a digital marketing arm. While they can certainly have their own department for this job, not all brands are able to hit desired results due to lack of resources, expertise and passion.
To solve this, brands are often outsourcing to digital agencies to help them execute online campaigns. But finding the right team to work with the brand is not easy as it seems. So before signing that contract and start paying the bills, consider the following things first:
Like any other partnership, always have a time to check the background and reputation of the agency. The shiny portfolio must not blind you in reviewing their past clients and campaign results that they had with them. Feel free to call their SEO, Social Media, Adwords clients or any of brands who they provided the same service that you would like to have. Ask the campaign results and how it was working with them. Remember that you are entrusting your brand to this team so make an effort to add this on your checklist.
If you’ll hire a digital agency for your brand, working with a new team should be easier than working alone. The team’s process and presence should make your life easier now that you have a partner that will help you execute campaigns.
During the initial meeting, be confident to ask how the process will go for your campaigns once you hire them. Surely, you will still have an important role together with your current team but it shouldn’t be as overwhelming as it was before.
Digital marketing is a creative, fast phasing, data driven industry. It requires analytical skills that can be measured and applied as strategies. Look for insights that are creative, innovative and inspiring which can all be proven not by just plans but also through execution, just like how you review their reputation.
Agencies should also keep their staff updated with the latest industry trends by sending them in seminars, talks and even giving them examinations.
And since digital marketing is a multifaceted discipline, it requires skills that your digital team must have. Their attitude must be like Liam Neeson in the movie Taken, “…I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career.” So if you still haven’t found that perfect digital agency for your brand, don’t settle for less. Just say “I will look for you, I will find you, and I will hire you”.
- How to Find the Perfect Digital Agency for Your Brand - July 16, 2015
- How to Make Your Website Readable? - July 22, 2014
- Visual Content Marketing: Your Business Eye Candy - June 26, 2014
- What Happens in Internet in 1 Minute and What it Means to Your Business - May 8, 2014
- 6 Signs Your Website Needs a Make-over - May 5, 2014
- Google Plus Ads Now Available For Businesses - April 30, 2014
- Top 5 Fears of Businesses About Digital Marketing - April 23, 2014
- Things That You Should Not Expect From Your SEO Specialist - April 15, 2014
- The importance of audience-based SEO in targeting keywords and creating content - February 22, 2014
- SEO & Online Marketing: What to Expect in 2014 - January 9, 2014