Many of us are big fans of sports. Whether it’s a local league like the Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) or a well known international league like the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), there is surely a sport that anyone can enjoy.
Most of these sports are broadcasted in different media such as the television and the internet where we, as viewers, can be spectators of the game as well and capture the atmosphere of the venue even if we are somewhere else.
Social media has been a vital factor in forming a connection between the sport and the fans.
Keeps us updated with scores and updates
Even if you’re busy with personal matters, scores can easily be retrieved through the internet. News outlets and social networks usually broadcasts the scores or provide streaming to watch the game even on your computers. Finding out who won can be done in an instant.
Be connected with the team
Got a favorite team? You can now show your support through social media by going to their fan sites, forums or official fan pages on Facebook and other websites. You can get the latest updates directly from the team. You can express how big of a fan you are and get to meet other fellow fans as well.
Reaching sports worldwide
Living in one country does not mean you are limited to your local sports. There are a lot of leagues that have reached a global status of fame and anyone can easily subscribe to updates for them through the media.
Social media is also an outlet to find out the hottest news on sports right at the specific moment of its occurrence. Take example the latest incident at the PBA where an import player of a particular team choked his own teammate due to the frustration of losing the game.
Twitter and other social media outlets exploded right away. It became one of the trending topics on Twitter and created a lot of buzz on blogs and Facebook.
Internet marketing is now stronger as ever as companies found a way to gain profit by connecting the fans and giving them a wider access to their favorite sports. By sponsoring the athletes and providing platforms for fans to subscribe to, the companies have maximized ways for them to monetize sports and at the same time, keep the fans satisfied. It is changing the landscape of the sports industry as putting social media as a big factor. Athletes and teams are now seen more as brands than just mere players due to the fact that they also possess the ability to influence the general public due to their media exposure.
- How to Find the Perfect Digital Agency for Your Brand - July 16, 2015
- How to Make Your Website Readable? - July 22, 2014
- Visual Content Marketing: Your Business Eye Candy - June 26, 2014
- What Happens in Internet in 1 Minute and What it Means to Your Business - May 8, 2014
- 6 Signs Your Website Needs a Make-over - May 5, 2014
- Google Plus Ads Now Available For Businesses - April 30, 2014
- Top 5 Fears of Businesses About Digital Marketing - April 23, 2014
- Things That You Should Not Expect From Your SEO Specialist - April 15, 2014
- The importance of audience-based SEO in targeting keywords and creating content - February 22, 2014
- SEO & Online Marketing: What to Expect in 2014 - January 9, 2014