Hello, 2014 and goodbye, 2013. And from the perspective of an SEO specialist, it means turning our backs from link spamming, content spinning, press release spam, and link networks. As we continue what we have started when the latest Penguin update dumped our “hardwork” in the bin, our main goal for the coming months is links with value and quality.
Now that we are off to a fresh start, we should also prepare for the predicted marketing trends that will come our way.
Online Marketing Trends in 2014
1. Pandas, penguins, hummingbirds and more
Or what SEO specialists call Google algorithm changes. Google search is ever changing and so does its “animal guards” that make us smack our heads in frustration whenever it’s our website that has been penalized by them.
The graph above shows the Google updates that took place since 2002, and 2011 to 2013 showed quite a number of them. Isn’t it just right to assume that 2014 will have as much updates as in the past couple of years? So, better clean our link profiles now and produce quality link.
2. Smartphone and tablet optimization
Smartphones and tablets are slowly dominating the tech market. According to Bronto Software’s study “Responsive Design Provides the Perfect Fit”, those websites that are made responsive to smartphones and tablets received a 68%-69% feedback or “response”. If a smartphone or tablet user checks his/her email and clicks on the provided link, they will more likely explore the website that responds well to their device.
3. Full-blast content marketing
We spent the latter half of 2013 writing high-quality content for our websites. It’s no wonder that online marketing experts predict that 2014 will see full-blast content marketing campaign rolling in. We are expected to put emphasis on “high quality content, authorship content, and FAQ type content” to gain more user engagement.
4. Pinterest sparking more interests
If your target market is users from the US, then Pinterest is the place to be. Of the 70 million users that Pinterest have in 2013, more than 70% of those are in the said country. The estimated 50 users are said to be active, which leads us to believe that Pinterest may overtake Twitter one day.
As mentioned above, Google is ever changing. If we don’t want to be left out in the game, we should always keep track of these changes and trends, and develop internet marketing strategies that will benefit us and make our websites number one. So, what are you doing now? Check out the leading SEO company in the Philippines now and reach the top!
- How to Find the Perfect Digital Agency for Your Brand - July 16, 2015
- How to Make Your Website Readable? - July 22, 2014
- Visual Content Marketing: Your Business Eye Candy - June 26, 2014
- What Happens in Internet in 1 Minute and What it Means to Your Business - May 8, 2014
- 6 Signs Your Website Needs a Make-over - May 5, 2014
- Google Plus Ads Now Available For Businesses - April 30, 2014
- Top 5 Fears of Businesses About Digital Marketing - April 23, 2014
- Things That You Should Not Expect From Your SEO Specialist - April 15, 2014
- The importance of audience-based SEO in targeting keywords and creating content - February 22, 2014
- SEO & Online Marketing: What to Expect in 2014 - January 9, 2014